Monday, September 12, 2011

Mile Marker: 17

    Its funny how when a long run goes horribly I have so much to write and complain about! However, when it goes well, it leaves me almost speechless! I guess that's a good thing, huh? ;) I'd rather have short blogs and successful runs over lengthy in-depth blogs and crappy runs- especially nearing race day!
    Saturday's run was a total of 17.2 miles and I couldn't be happier with how it went! I set off bright and early around 4:45am. I decided not to run it as quickly as I could but to relax and enjoy the run. I think this laid-back mentality helped take a little stress and anxiety off of me. I did run a completely different route than I have been running so I think that helped keep things new and fresh! I felt good and strong through out the entire run. I plan on doing everything the same as I had I had done last weekend. This routine I have developed seems to be working so well :) The clock is ticking and the days are counting down. The more I think about the run the more anxious yet extremely excited I get! This whole training experience has taught me so much. I know I have learned a great deal about myself: what I am able to handle and how to push through some difficult times. I've been told that running a marathon can change your life and leave you with an experience of a lifetime. I think this is the part I am looking forward to the most...
    Next long run will be 18 miles... each week from here on out I am required to run a distance I have never run before. I look forward to the challenge and know that I am capable of meeting each one! Thank you for all your continued support and encouraging words :)

NOTES of the DAY:
* Temperature of the Day: 62 degrees
* Song of the Day:
*Tip of the Day: Got a race coming up? Think positive thoughts! Have the confidence you can and will succeed. I know you can :)
*Quote of the Day: "Running restores my equilibrium, quiets the noise within, re-prioritizes my list, repairs my state of gratitude, and returns me to myself, but a better version, nice and roomy in my own skin." - Kristin Armstrong

1 comment: