Saturday, June 25, 2011

Two weeks down...


Hoy seis millas :) What a great morning run! In my last blog, I confidently stated that I would "smoke this run" and I did just that!
I was a little anxious about my run this morning so I couldn't fall asleep... then I was getting stressed about not getting enough sleep and having a good run! ( I thought this running thing was supposed to relieve stress ha). But miraculously I woke up at 4:30am ready to go. After chowing down on a protein bar and filling my water bottle with a lift off and H30, I was out the door- taking my own advice from last week about fueling up and hydrating during my run!
I mapped out a completely new route for this morning. Most of my route took me on the West side of Tucson towards Saguero National Park passing Tumamoc Hill (a hill I will eventually conquer!) and finishing up with a one mile jog around the Tucson Convention Center (downtown). I felt strong the whole run with maybe one or two side cramps- happens when you run at a faster pace than you are used to! New music, a ready attitude, and fresh legs also helped me along the way. This run today completes two full weeks of marathon training so far :) My endurance is changing and my body is transforming... I love it :) Slightly rocky two weeks so far, but I look forward to the following weeks with excitement!

NOTES of the DAY:
*Temperature-79 degrees
*Song of the Day- "Tonight, Tonight" by Hot Chelle Rae
*Tip of the Day- Since running can cause your muscles to tighten, try doing Pilates, which stretches and strengthens the core. Pilates helps increase strength and flexibility- your form won't fall apart when you get tired.
*Quote of the Day- "Mind is everything; muscles, mere pieces of rubber. All that I am, I am because of my mind." -Paavo Nurmi

No comments:

Post a Comment